question

dewitpj avatar image
dewitpj asked

MQTT - Only showing Serial

Hi,

I am trying to subscribe to the local MQTT on the local network. No matter what I do I only get the System Serial returned. I see that this has been posted before but none of the solutions work for me, or they don't have a valid resolution.

Thanks!

MQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
dewitpj avatar image
dewitpj answered ·

Ah - figured it out - I will leave this here for other people to find:

If using mosquitto to test, use 2 consoles, one for the subscribe and one for the publish (you have to publish to the local server every 60 seconds otherwise it kills it - the docs make it sound like this is only for the cloud interface)

Here is the commands that I use:

mosquitto_sub -h ccgx -t 'N/#'

In the other console, run this

while [ 1 ]; do mosquitto_pub -h ccgx -t 'R/<id>/system/0/Serial' -m ''; sleep 60; done

HTH somebody!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ben avatar image ben ♦ commented ·

The docs are a wiki. Feel free to edit them to improve clarity.

0 Likes 0 ·
gawan avatar image
gawan answered ·

Could you please be a bit more specific ?

You habve to publish the given String via MQTT to make the Venus send MQTT messages !?!?

All I get is the same "system/0/Serial" you got ...

BR

Gawan

2 |3000

pmhaynes avatar image
pmhaynes answered ·

I have setup the raspberry pi venus and turned on the MQTT

When i used a windows client to subscribe i also only got the serial number

That was until i installed the docker container venus-server and added my raspberry pi venus to the venus server config

Now i get all the details out of the MQTT

if u search raspberry pi victron there are youtube videos on how to do it release by victron

hope this helps

2 |3000

Related Resources