question

orangechucka avatar image
orangechucka asked

Multiplus Compact firmware update via VeBus - how to recover/revert to factory settings ?

In my haste to commission before next day launch I tried to update the firmware on my Multiplus Compact 2kva Inverter/Charger (bought in during lockdown of 2021 only now being installed), could not find an update via Vicyron Connect, somehow got into a Victron Config VeBus update which was sent from CerboGX to Multiplus, then it shut down.

What should my actions be to recover the unit operation be ? (Apart from RtFM!)

Thanks

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Mk3 to usb adapter plus VE config or Victron connect on a laptop.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

orangechucka avatar image orangechucka commented ·
Thanks for your response Kevgermany. I had the system online via a WiFi hotspot and VictonConnect (VC) on my phone. Is the laptop version of VC different ? Any direction to where to go to reset to factory settings ? Would that overwrite the VeBus file that was uploaded ? Did the Multiplus shutdown as a safety rather than rewrite of firmware (no VeFlash used) ? Is there a more complete reset available on VeConfig ? Cerbo updated successfully via phone/VC. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·