question

knaus avatar image
knaus asked

IP22 or IP67 for a campervan

Hi Everyone!

I'm struggling to choose the right charger for my upcoming campervan, between the Victron IP67 25A and the IP22 30A.

First of all, it will charge a LiFePo4 206Ah 12V battery and it will be installed in a closed cabinet, under the main bed, without any air flow or ventilation.

Actually I've bought both and I'm testing them but I cannot find a clear winner.

The IP67 seems very very solid and, of course, perfectly silent. But it gets really really hot in a test charge in my garage, I cannot hold my hand on it. I'm afraid of the temperature it could reach in a closed cabinet, maybe in summer. It also lacks VE.Smart, quite annoying as I have a BMV712 and a Smartsolar 75/15 in the van.

The IP22, even if without any scientific measurement, seems to me a little less hot, I guess thanks to the fan and the "open" design.

However it's quite noisy, mostly because of the "electric" noise and also of the fan. It has more customizations (for example, you can set a custom current, stop the absorbion after 15min or using tail current) and it integrates perfectly with VE.Smart. I know it has a night mode but it is not so practical to enable it each night...

What is your suggestion for my needs? Which one is better for a van?

Thank you,

Best Regards.

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic