question

nesswill avatar image
nesswill asked

Karcher Pressure Washer

Karcher 601c eco

Inverter RS Smart 48/6000 (90+Kwh of battery + 20+Kwh of solar)

Hyundai 18kW/22.5kVA Single Phase Diesel Generator | DHY18KSEm

Hi does anyone have experience with Karcher Pressure Washer ?

The problem i have is when i start the Karcher the Inverter RS Smart 48/6000 trips and say "Error Code: #52 - Inverter excessive current", works on the Genny. Is there any way to "soft start" the Karcher or i am just limited to running it just on Genny?

Any comments or thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

in rush current
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·
I have a MultiPlus-II 24/5000 with 70,5kWh of SOPzS batteries and can use the Kärcher K3 without any problems.

However, since the MultiPlus-II use a Toridial Transformator, switching on the K3 let make the Metal Housing of the MultiPlus-II a loud plong!

1 Like 1 ·
nesswill avatar image nesswill Michelle Konzack commented ·

Thanks

This is the new version of mine

https://www.kaercher.com/uk/professional/pressure-washers/hot-water-pressure-washers/compact-class/hds-6-12-c-11699040.html

Its the compressors that causes me the problem but thanks to people here i have a few things to try

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Jürgen avatar image
Jürgen answered ·

Try to use a very long (>=50m) extension cable.
I've an old angle grinder without soft start, which I only can start when I use such a long extension cable.

In my case it's an inrush current issue. With the long cable I've a bit mor resistance which limits the inrush.

For continuous operation, but do not leave the cable on the cable drum.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·
Thanks haven’t thought of that i will give it a go.
0 Likes 0 ·
cacer avatar image
cacer answered ·

or search for "soft start socket".

1 comment
2 |3000

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·
Thanks but looking at them i don't think it will work for me but good idea.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic