question

bondsc avatar image
bondsc asked

VRM portal custom widget interval max 30

Hi,

I'm using a custom widget in the VRM portal to allow me to compare the solar PV yield between different sets of panels (which each have their own MPPT charge controller). This is primarily because they are all facing slightly different directions (some get the sun earlier than others and some benefit from the sun in the evening) and it is really great to be able to easily compare their outputs.

The custom widget works fine but the max interval you can enter is 30. Since the Y axis is in W (not KW) this means I have the Maximum set in the 1000's (I saw you've recently allowed a higher maximum - thanks) and I would really like to set the interval to 100 (or even 200) because otherwise my Y axis is literally fully of overlapping numbers (one number every interval of 30 watts).

If you compare this custom widget with the built-in charge controller yield widget, you'll see that the built-in one defaults to an interval of 100 (well, it does for my setup).

Thanks!

widget vrm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @bondsc,

I think you might be misunderstanding the interval value.

That isn't the number between the values, but the number of interval values shown.

Each will be evenly spaced out.

For example, if you set a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 1000 with an interval of 5, you will get 5 axis markers every 200. 0, 200, 400, 600, 800, 100.

Reducing that number to 5 or 10 will evenly space out the graph like you want.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bondsc avatar image
bondsc answered ·

Amazing. Can't believe I didn't realise that. I see now that it says "Intervals" and not "Interval".

I've changed the value to 15 and the Y axis is now readable :)

Personally, I'd recommend naming that field "Number of intervals".

Thanks for the super-quick response!

1 comment
2 |3000

Success, I'll pass on the suggestion :)
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic