question

Steve avatar image
Steve asked

Ac 2 out to immersion heater.

Hi.

I have a 48 v 5000 easysolar.

i.d like to connect the AC 2 out to my 1kw element. Through the built in breaker straight to the element terminals.

At present it's a very simple system using a plug in segment timer.

I will change this to a digital timer with no possibility of exposed live plug pins.

I need to know if when the relay on the timer operates,(from the permanent live)if the AC 2 is delivering power to the element at the same time, will there be any issues on the inverter?

Would it be necessary to fit a transfer relay between the two feeds, so the AC 1 out and ac 2 out never meet?

Thanks.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

If I understand your circuit description then the contacts in the timer will provide a current path in parallel with the internal relay contacts between AC1 and AC2 in the ES. A typical immersion timer will cope with only 16A so you run the risk of burning them out.

Hence for this application you need a timer with voltage-free contacts, IIRC tlc-direct sell them at a slightly higher price than those without.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Steve avatar image
Steve answered ·

Thanks Sharpener, appreciate the answer, the element is only 1000 watts, but I need to upgrade the timer switch anyway so i.ll fit a voltage fee contacts model.

Cheers. Steve

2 |3000