question

dan-toe avatar image
dan-toe asked

How do i ensure my charge controller is set to 12v?

Hello, I am using a blue solar mppt 100/30 charge controller with 4 100w panels. When the sun is hitting the panels the charge voltage instantly climbs over 16 volts, and causes high voltage alarms on my inverter. How can I be sure it is set to 12v mode?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You would need a Ve Direct Bluetooth dongle then connect it to the MPPt unit then you can see and adjust all those settings. in the Victron Connect App. you can download and install the app wityhout the dongle select demo and you can then see everything it can do.

The correct startup of the unit is turn the battery ON first then Turn on the Solar panels

if you connect the solar panels first then a incorrect system voltage can be set. if this has occurred

disconnect the unit from the battery and the solar panels for 1 hr then reconnect the battery and then the solar panels in that order, hopefully this will reset the startup and reapply the correct system battery voltage.

otherwise take it back to the dealer who you purchased it from and ask them to reset it for you using a ve direct bluetooth dongle, I am sure they will help you out.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.