question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

Disconnecting DC

Hi @ all

My question might be stupid, but please bear with me for a moment.
I want to add a solar charger and a new battery block to my bus-bar which at the moment is in use to connect my Quatros and existing batteries. To avoid electrocution I tend to believe that its best to deenergize the bus-bar.

What happens if I disconnect the batteries from the bus-bar? Will the Quattro system (3 units) switch into passthrough or go offline (aka no power on AC-out)? What happens if I continue be disconnecting the inverters themselves from the bus-bar? Passthrough? Blackout?

Thanks in advance :)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Do NOT run the Inverters without battery, you can seriously damage them.

Normaly you have an ATS installed to bypass the Inverters, then switch off the Inverters, the SolarCharger (if any) and then you can disconnect the batteries.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru commented ·

Well, I have installed a bypass out of the "fear" that if something goes haywire to be able to switch back to the grid nativly.

So I guess I have to disconnect all loads (AC), then switch off the inverters, then disconnect the batteries, the use the ATS to switch to native grid, before putting on the AC loads again ( @mvas ).

1 Like 1 ·
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

It is best to shutdown the Quattros and LOCK-OUT all power sources - AC & DC.

2 |3000