question

tgr23 avatar image
tgr23 asked

Skylla falls out of bulk charge when solar is also charging

I have two Skyllas and two solar MPPT's running. I run the Skyllas with a genset. When they are running and solar is charging, one of the Skyllas drops in to storage mode. If I turn off the MPPT'S both Skyllas will stay in Bulk. SOC is anything below 95%. Everything is networked together. What am I missing? Thanks. system is on a 12v system on a boat. Batteries are lithium. Smart shunt, CerboGx.

Skylla
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Do you have DVCC enabled? And SVS?
0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
tgr23 avatar image
tgr23 answered ·

Yes they are.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

@tgr23 Do all chargers have the same battery charge settings/profiles?

Is the output fuse of the offending skylla intact?

What battery voltage does the skylla go to storage?

1 Like 1 ·
wjf avatar image wjf klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@klim8skeptic Interested why you asked the question as to the skylla output fuse. Can you say more about what you are thinking?
0 Likes 0 ·
tgr23 avatar image
tgr23 answered ·

MPPTS are set slightly different. MPPTS 14.1 absorption and 13.6 Float.

Skyllas are 14.2 and 13.5.

One Skylla is a 3 battery unit and the other is a one battery unit.

The 3 battery unit is the one that goes into absorption early and then storage. Right now at the cerbo that charger reads 14.52, but 14.1 at the unit.

The other charger reads 14.1 and 14.1, Cerbo and at Unit.

Currently the three battery charger is charging at 65amp and the the other charger is at 70amp. Battery at 70%. At some point as the MPPTS start putting in more charge the three battery Skylla will go to storage.

2 |3000

tgr23 avatar image
tgr23 answered ·

UPDATE. The Three battery (only one battery bank attached) Skylla went into storage at 13.43.

MPPT's are at 13.44

The other Skylla is still in bulk

2 |3000

tgr23 avatar image
tgr23 answered ·

I turned off both MPPT's to see the other Skylla would go into Bulk. It doesn't. But it does start putting out more charge. Like 45amp. Not the 70 I'd expect.

Also on the Cerbo, one Skylla is at 4.5 amps ac. And the other is at 3.2 (this is the one that is in storage). Not sure if that makes a difference.

2 |3000

tgr23 avatar image
tgr23 answered ·

Ok, so the Skylla in storage was up to about 45amps charge with both MPPTS off. I turned the MPPTs back on and the Skylla went to 0 charge. What the heck?!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Skylla-IP65 product page (12v, 24v)

Skylla-i product page (24v)

Skylla-TG Charger product page (24v, 48v)

Skylla-TG GMDSS product page (24v)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic