question

stefanb avatar image
stefanb asked

DVCC in my MP2 does not charge with BMS as battery-monitor

Dear forum,

I am new to this forum and hopefully somebody has a hint for me.

I am running a 40kWh battery (16s) connected to a MP2 GX. As long as the MP2 ist the battery-monitor everything works fine. Actually the SOC differs to the SOC the BMS is showing. This is annoying, as in the meantime it differs to 25%. As soon as i use the BMS as monitor DVCC is forced on and the SOC is correct, but no charging happens. Discharging still works fine. As nearly all BMSs this one claims to be "pylontech" but delivers resonable CVL 56.0V. What can i do to make the MP2 load my battery? In the near future I want to add a MPPT so DVCC seems to be mandatory...

Thanks a lot for any idea or help

Stefan

Multiplus-IIDVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You will need to run the RC v3 GX software. Batteries that pretend to be a pylontech but have higher voltages will not charge properly. Plenty of posts on the subject on the forum. Current pylons hard limited to 52.4V

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stefanb avatar image
stefanb answered ·

Thank you nickdb. I read sth about this. Thought it doesnt apply to the MP2 GX.

Please do you have a clue where i can find this SW and may be some explanation/example. I would be so thankful. :-)

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Just read the Cerbo manual (applies to the GX) then go to settings-> firmware-> online updates and change it to release candidate from latest, then select check for updates and click install. Simples. Should pretty much work right out the box due to changes for Pylontech in DVCC.

When v3 is officially released you can change it back to latest so you aren't running betas indefinitely.

1 Like 1 ·
stefanb avatar image stefanb nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you so much. Works like a charm. I really searched a lot. I am so happy now
0 Likes 0 ·