question

banne avatar image
banne asked

Three phase Multiplus II ESS system questions

I have read the three phase manual, but still some questions...

I have one MP II 48/5000 GX now on a grid connected ESS system but want to add some more, can the other phases be non GX as the GX will be master?

Preferably I want a total of 4 MP II's, the only issue I read about in the manual is the monitoring, so I assume its possible only monitoring is not accurate anymore. Will it also not be accurate when the AC gridmeter is monitoring? As this is monitoring in VRM the actual feeding or taking from grid

If I have 3 (or 4) MP II's connected one is the master. When sending commands to inverter to charge or discharge, do I send this to the master only or also to the slaves? I would prefer to control each phase with its own commands

Multiplus-IIESS3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

hi see my answers below:

I have one MP II 48/5000 GX now on a grid connected ESS system but want to add some more, can the other phases be non GX as the GX will be master? yes, i have a similar setup

Preferably I want a total of 4 MP II's, the only issue I read about in the manual is the monitoring, so I assume its possible only monitoring is not accurate anymore. Will it also not be accurate when the AC gridmeter is monitoring? As this is monitoring in VRM the actual feeding or taking from grid
4 units is not possible, it needs to be the same amount on each phase and same version!
monitoring can be done with the units, but a grid meter is more accurate (one like a ET340)

If I have 3 (or 4) MP II's connected one is the master. When sending commands to inverter to charge or discharge, do I send this to the master only or also to the slaves? I would prefer to control each phase with its own commands, no that is not possible as far as i know

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

banne avatar image banne commented ·
Thanks for your reply. What if I put the other 2 MP's each on own phase without connecting to each other as master/slave? Then it would be possible to control each one by its own. Will this work? If not, why not?
0 Likes 0 ·
duivert avatar image duivert banne commented ·
yes you can do that and control them on their own, but you will also need separate battery banks, you can not use one bank!

and you would need multiple GX units to control them, you can not control them with one GX

you will need to separate everything (also solar and mppt's if you have them), so it would be more expensive

0 Likes 0 ·
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

This was asked and answered ... Yes.

2 |3000