Ve.Direct.InfluxDB.Collector is a dedicated data collector that bridges the gap between Victron SmartSolar MPPT devices and InfluxDB. The primary aim of this project is to collect, process, and store data from Victron SmartSolar MPPT devices using the Ve.Direct protocol into an InfluxDB database. The resulting dataset can then be visualized using a Grafana dashboard, providing users with a detailed, real-time overview of their solar energy system's performance.
- Data Collection: The collector efficiently gathers data from Victron SmartSolar MPPT devices using the Ve.Direct protocol.
- Data Processing: The collected data is processed and formatted to be suitable for storage in a time-series database like InfluxDB.
- Data Storage: The processed data is stored in InfluxDB, which supports effective querying and data manipulation.
- Data Visualization: The stored data can be visualized using Grafana, allowing users to view and analyze their system's performance in real-time.
- Compatibility: The collector is designed to run on a Raspberry Pi with .NET or MONO, or any PC that operates 24/7 and has a serial port. A Ve.Direct cable is also required for connection.
To run the Ve.Direct.InfluxDB.Collector, you will need:
- Grafana and InfluxDB docker images
- A Victron SmartSolar charge controller
- A Raspberry Pi or a 24/7 running PC with .NET or MONO and a serial port
- A Ve.Direct cable for connecting the Victron device to the Raspberry Pi or PC
I am always working on improving Ve.Direct.InfluxDB.Collector and adding more features, so I welcome contributions and suggestions from the community to improve the functionality of this tool and make it even more useful for all users.