question

sputnikspud avatar image
sputnikspud asked

Solar panel not pulling in sunshine

I’ve had this set up for a couple of years now, bought with a campervan. No problems at all.

Last week I gently wiped the solar panel with a sponge to clean it.

Now the panel is only showing 1-2w in direct sunshine !?

I gave it another wipe this morning with a clean damp cloth - no improvement at all. Haven’t knocked, bumped, or pulled any wiring.

What could be wrong? Can anybody give layman’s (ie a simpleton!) directions or suggestions on what to try, check or do?

ce8456e4-1ab1-4c89-a2f1-7d9a2ceab296.jpegImage Caption

4bacd71a-65ad-4e6e-a302-c64f63e2cbde.jpeg

b8a195f6-5dbe-48a9-a4f3-d3149bbcde0f.jpeg

Solar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

Hard to tell without more information but It looks like your batteries are fully charged (13.7 volts minimum). If there is no load the panels will show minimal current. Trying turning something on and see what happens.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sputnikspud avatar image
sputnikspud answered ·

Just to add, noticed firmware needed updating as was a couple of versions behind, updated and it initially jumped to 48w but now it’s down to 7w

2 |3000

sputnikspud avatar image
sputnikspud answered ·

Well that’s bizarre, I’ve never noticed that before although to be fair I only look at the victron app when I’m out and about and using power - it’s jumped up to >100w after switching some things on. Thanks Sarah. Panic over for me, thanks for your reply :)

1 comment
2 |3000

mvas avatar image mvas commented ·
Note: your Battery State = FLOAT mode. The battery bank is fully charged, no power needed there. So, when you have no loads turned ON, the the Solar Panels will be IDLE. This is normal operation.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic