question

Eric M. avatar image
Eric M. asked

MultiPlus Compact - Multiple AC Inputs

I have a MultiPlus Compact 12 | 2000 hooked up in my van. The input is currently wired as a short male end extension cord that I attach to a long extension to suck power from household outlets. I just wired up an EV plug and voltage converter, so I can charge my 12vdc batteries off of 220vac EV Car chargers on the road.

I want to have both my household extension and the EV charger/voltage converter wired in, so that if I plug in either of them they work automatically. Does anyone in the electrical space know of something either in the MultiPlus or another standalone simple device that would let me either automatically or button press toggle between 2 different 120vac *sources*?

Thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

What you are looking for is called a " Transfer Switch" and should be available from trade outlets in an assortment of current ratings. This switches all poles (apart from ground) to ensure safety. The number of poles you need will depend on your exact wiring, but most of them are 3 or 4 poles.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.