question

bayman avatar image
bayman asked

Quattro old firmware

I would like to run a Victron Dongle on my Quattro 48/10000, with an old controller (200).

It helpfully informs me to contact your installer to upgrade to firmware 415+ but those aren't for this controller. Is there a way round this? PCB exchange?

quattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If your Quattro has the old CPU (starting with 19 - 230V or 20 - 120V) there is no way to upgrade that.

As far as I know the PCB with new CPU is not compatible the the old HW.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bayman avatar image bayman commented ·

Thanks Matthias, the quattro is a 20 - 230v. Is the old firmware open source? I could probably program a newer esp-32 or similar and replace the cpu directly.

What would an Installer do to get 415+ firmware on it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ bayman commented ·
No, I don't think the firmware is open source and as I wrote above there are some other small HW changes.
If you want to use VictronConnect you need to buy a new unit.
0 Likes 0 ·
bayman avatar image bayman Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Are there any more surprises I need to be aware of? I wanted to use connect as a quick check via my phone. I am in the process of putting a Raspberry Pi based Venus OS system in, is this old firmware going to lead to more incompatibilities with other Victron equipment?

Ideally I want the Quattro to be the center of my power system, it has run as a stand alone for over 6 years, all I'm trying to do is monitor a few things and as I upgrade the system, be able to monitor the changes.

I really don't want to replace the bomb proof and expensive Quattro, my funds won't easily run to that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic