question

Chris Van Dyke avatar image
Chris Van Dyke asked

What is the trickle charge output current on a Multiplus 24/3000?

On my old 12/3000 Multiplus the trickle charge current was about 4 amps. Is it the same on the 24 volt model or just 2 amps?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Depends on the input and output voltages, and there will always be a certain amount of efficiency loss, but mostly yes.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

It is the same

2 |3000

cvd avatar image
cvd answered ·

So 4 amps, 24 volts? I am asking because I am going to convert the 24 volt trickle charger to my 12 volt start battery via a 24/12 Orion converter (with voltage output adjustment and low voltage switch). If the 24 volt MultiPlus puts out 4 amps doesn't this convert to 12 volts 8 amps? Asking because I want a proper size fuse. Thanks.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Treat the 8A as a max. The starter battery will limit current as well as the Orion. Set the Orion output to power supply and the starter battery float voltage output.
1 Like 1 ·