question

warick-wrx avatar image
warick-wrx asked

Using ESS with Multiplus 2 and Fronius Galvo

Hello

I would like to know if the using ESS on the Multiplus 2 with Cerbo GX and Fronius Galvo with datamanager card is possible. I see on the website it said it is not recommended. However I would like to know if it would work ? Furthermore would the frequency shifting settings in th asstant then work as desired.

thanks

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
rainerb avatar image
rainerb answered ·

Hello, until a year ago I had a 1-phase Galvo running in an ESS system for about 6 years (old Multiplus 3000/24V, Venus GX and ET340). The Galvo with LAN connection was recognized by the Venus GX and even the Zero-Feedin via network connection was working.

BUT there was an issue that sometimes the power control (GX to Fronius) did not work anymore. I found out that the problem was "solved" for one day, when setting the Fronius to "Standby" via an input of the datamanager card for a moment. Then I did this once every day automatically. I do not know whether this problem occurs with all Galvos or just with mine.

My Galvo (with 1,8kWp PV) was connected to the ACout of the Multiplus and frequency shifting also worked. I used the Fronius MG50 country setup.

Regards

Rainer

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.