question

Thomas Jirsch avatar image
Thomas Jirsch asked

Multiplus II does not turn on until VE Bus unplugged shortly

Hi,

I have a MP 5000, Cerbo GX, Smartsolar Charger, 280 16s Setup connected to grid.
The Multi is in Inverter Mode, everything is working fine.

If I turn off the Multi via Switch Position, 0 it will not switch on again until I unplug the VE Bus.
After the Inverter indicator lights turn green I can plugin the VE Bus again and all is running as expected again.

Everything is up-to-date, cables are original Victron and I have changed them.

Any idea why this happens? Where to start looking?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

If the Device on the other end of the VE bus is not powered, then this will happen. If the other VE bus device is a MkII or MkIII, then there is a link setting inside that can change this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin King avatar image
Kevin King answered ·

I have the same problem. Tried 3 different ethernet cables including victron original. Also updated the firmware on both MP2 and Cerbo. Any fix?

2 |3000

pauldunn avatar image
pauldunn answered ·

I am having the same problem. Did anyone find a way to fix this?

This started happening to me after updating the cerbo and Multiplus 2 to latest firmware

2 |3000

eleusis avatar image
eleusis answered ·

bumping thread. If inverter is restarted due to firmware update it will not comeback on until can bus cable is removed for a few seconds and plugged back in. Any idea why this would happen? its a multipus 2 15kva

3 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
You are describing a different issue to this topic which is about vebus, not CAN. Suggest you open a new topic and properly document the setup.
0 Likes 0 ·
eleusis avatar image eleusis nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Sorry, I meant the VE Bus Cable. Inverter will not turn on again after a restart unless this is unplugged. Once unplugged MP2 instantly turns back on.

Not really a huge issue as its rare ity gets a reboot. Just thought it may have been a common issue and easily resolved.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ eleusis commented ·

Does it report any errors?

0 Likes 0 ·