question

bayman avatar image
bayman asked

Quattro, Bluetooth & mains assist.....

Hi all, I am the proud owner of a Quattro 48/10000 running as a simple inverter with very old firmware & unfortunately no dealer/supplier support. I'm expanding my solar off grid system and I want to know if I can feed the AC sine out from a different system into AC1 as the equivalent of "mains" in?

Then set a low input current & have the Quattro step in and mains boost if the load goes higher, will that work? - Basically output 1 inverter into ac input of Quattro, power assist/pass through and keep everything running without pushing any part of the system.

I can already hear the thought processes.... why does he need that? The Quattro can supply easily what he needs.... It can! but this is about mixing batteries, the current system is a big flooded lead acid system and I'm adding a LiFePO4 system. I simply can't afford to make the flooded redundant or switch to a much bigger LiFePO4 system. The common denominator is the AC out which is universal.

The second part involves Bluetooth, just got a Victron Dongle and although this will now work with my IPhone & Victron connect app, can it be used to supply data to a Bluetooth enabled Raspberry pi running Venus OS?

Thanks all

quattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Bayman

The daisy-chaining is possible, even though Victron don't officially support it. You mention setting a 'low' input current limit, but the lowest you can go with a 230V 10kVA Quattro and still retain Power Assist, is 10.5A

I can't really answer your bt query, but I think you'll find that VenusOS isn't really designed to collect data over bt, and you may be limited to using it for basic settings changes.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bayman avatar image
bayman answered ·

Thanks for your reply JohnC, I thought the mains assist would work and 10.5 amps works for me.

If Bluetooth isn't an option I might have to find some other way, I was hoping to avoid running a cable through a wall somewhere.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic