question

jonathan-drewes avatar image
jonathan-drewes asked

Accidentally connected grid to multiplus 2 inverter output

So I accidentally connected the grid to the Multiplus 2 inverter output, briefly, maybe 0.5s. Did this twice. Dummy. Anyway, the MP2 made a buzzing noise both times but seems to work OK still.

Does anyone know the internal effects of this? Shorter lifetime. Instability, none?

Thanks!

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
jetlag avatar image
jetlag answered ·

Do you mean the AC-Out1 with "output"? And was the AC-In connected also at that time?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonathan-drewes answered ·

Yes, the AC Out of the inverter to the grid power, which is the same as the inverter AC input that was not being used by the inverter at the time.

2 |3000

Ingo avatar image
Ingo answered ·

Something similar happened to me due to a faulty change-over switch. Mine was connected maybe 3 to 5 seconds max - twice, and nothing bad happened. The change-over switch was replaced and that was three years ago and my Quattro still runs at max capacity every single day without a hiccup.

2 |3000

jonathan-drewes answered ·

OK, thanks for the reply Ingo.

Max cap every day? Thats a workout.

1 comment
2 |3000

Ingo avatar image Ingo commented ·
Yip. DC Feedback to Grid as much as the sun can provide.
0 Likes 0 ·
jetlag avatar image
jetlag answered ·

I guess you recognized it fast enough to avoid any further damage and most probably it had no influence on the hardware. So if everything is running normally again I would not be concerned. ;-)

2 |3000

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Internal circuitry is designed to cope with bi-directional flow on both input and outputs so I would not have expected there to have been any ill effects. But still a good argument for using one changeover switch for a bypass rather than two separate isolators which may inadvertently be both turned on at once.

1 comment
2 |3000

jonathan-drewes avatar image jonathan-drewes commented ·
But only when they are in phase, right?
0 Likes 0 ·