question

georgie avatar image
georgie asked

12V signal when Inverter is operating on a Multiplus 12/2000/80

Hello, I just am wrapping up my installation in a trailer and it is buried away. I want to use one of these switches to remotely turn on the inverter. Just connecting two wires through a switch to the relay works to turn it on, however, I would like the switch to light up when the inverter is operating. The voltage on the the line is insufficient to light the LED in the switch (it requires 12V). Other than plugging a 12v transformer into a 110V AC circuit, is there a way to get a 12V signal from the inverter when it is operating? Thanks, Phil.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There's a trickle charge connection on the board of the multi. It's intended for trickle charging the starter battery and runs at leisure battery voltage. As far as I know, it's switched, but may be switched on AC input, so may not be what you want. But worth checking. There should be information in the manual.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
The 4amp trickle charge is NOT switched. As long as there is voltage present at the main battery terminals of the multi, the trickle charge has voltage. It is protected from reverse current by a diode.
0 Likes 0 ·
georgie avatar image
georgie answered ·

Thanks.. I found the spade connector, but it seemed energized all the time. I ended up putting an extra 110V outlet at a convenient spot and powering a 12V transformer from that for the light function. Not the most elegant solution, but it works.

2 |3000