question

eamonn-washington avatar image
eamonn-washington asked

Quattro parallel master moved to a standalone system, error code 4

A 5KW Quattro parallel configuration of master and slave was set up, then I bought the master and installed it standalone. With the MK3-USB dongle and running VictronConnect I cannot find the Quattro, even though it is directly connected: "No devices found".

The Quattro has the inverter LED flashing alternative with the Absorption and Float LEDs, which means error code 4, "No other devices connected". Googling this I found "The master device is configured to run in a parallel-, split- and/or three-phase system, but cannot find other devices on the bus."

So I would like to do a factory reset, that way it does not consider itself to be a master. However since I cannot connect to it via the VictronConnect, and when I set the 8 DIP switches and press the UP (or DOWN) button for over 2 seconds I get no confirmation flash.

Is there a way to do a hardware factory reset?

Note that the Quattro is only connected to the battery positive and negative and the VE.Bus (no AC) at the moment. Also note that when I attach the VE.Bus cable to the Cebro GX that it sees the SmartShunt but not the Quattro either.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Eamonn

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eamonn-washington avatar image eamonn-washington commented ·
I couldn't connect with any VE software. But see next comment for why.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
eamonn-washington avatar image
eamonn-washington answered ·

My Windows computer was connected to the Internet via a HotSpot, and I had a Windows setting not to download drivers or software updates over a metered connection. I saw that the driver for the MK3-USB failed to install/update, so I allowed updates over the metered connection, reconnected the MK3-USB and the driver installed OK.

Then I could run VE Bus Quick Configure to set the Quattro to be a Standalone system. Then everything worked, I could run VictronConnect.

I hope this helps someone else in the future.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Use veflash and just reload the firmware.

2 |3000