question

kudos50 avatar image
kudos50 asked

What's the difference between various Multiplus II 48/3000/35 5010/5012

Have searched everywhere (I think) but was unable to find the difference between these two Multiplus part numbers:

PMP482305010

PMP482305012

Can they be combined in a 3-fase setup ?

Multiplus-IIESS3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The ...12 is manufactured in a different place/country, it's the same HW and works perfectly together with ...10 in a three phase setup.

But I would recommend to not mix them in a parallel setup.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·
Interesting, as it is not listed in the ordering system.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ ejrossouw commented ·

The 12 is not in the official pricelist but in the e-order for distributors.

0 Likes 0 ·
kudos50 avatar image
kudos50 answered ·

Opened the box and installed/configured them in a 3-fase setup. All good. the differences are subtle;

- microprocessor on the logic board has a different number (2625.xxx or so I have been told)

- all 9 screws on AC terminals are Phillips instead of flat

- the black cover is a lot smaller on the 5012. It mounts a little different but when installed it looks about the same

All and all not a big deal but would have preferred identical units. A lesson for other forum members at best :-)

2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

PMP482305012 is not a product in the Victron catalogue, so not sure where you obtained it from. As for 3-phase, you may want to familiarise yourself with this document, which along with many others you can locate with a search on the main Victron website. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems Also head over to the Victron Professional site for some good videos. Registration is open to all.

2 |3000

kudos50 avatar image
kudos50 answered ·

Funny thing is that the website I ordered from explicitly lists the 5010 which is why I ordered with them. Many dutch sites seem to offer the 5012. But somehow I got the 5012 delivered meaning I now ended up with 1x 5010 I had already and 2x 5012 which was never my intention. They are still unboxed so I have options :-)

Planning on a 3 fase config only. Not parallel.

2 |3000