question

Bret Watson avatar image
Bret Watson asked

PowerAssist but backwards - using Multiplus as default, but drawing from grid when load too high?

Hi,

I'd like to setup a Multiplus II 48/5000 in Inverter priority mode. However should my house load be too high (say hot water booster is on plus room heaters) then is should fall back to drawing from the grid.

While this is kinda mentioned in the manual - I can't find any instructions are setting it up correctly.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

ESS works that way by default, just set an appropriate inverter limit if it needs to be less than default.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bret Watson avatar image
Bret Watson answered ·

That makes sense, is there an upper limit to how much I can draw from the grid?

2 comments
2 |3000

daniel-feist avatar image daniel-feist commented ·

50A. The transfer switch current is what you are looking for in the datasheet. This assumes your loads are on AC-out-1. AC-out-2 only supports 32A.

1 Like 1 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
The AC input limit is specified in the spec sheet, this can be lowered via settings.

You’ll need to lookup your specific model.

0 Likes 0 ·