question

jdawson avatar image
jdawson asked

Setting a Multi-plus 3000/24/70 to shutdown inverter based on SOC

I am trying to set up my travel trailer to full utilize solar to run my fridge as much as I can then switch to propane when the battery dips to low. The fridge will automatically switch to AC when present then back to propane when inverter shut down.

I have a Multiplus 3000/24/70 w/ Bluetooth Dongle, a BVM 712 battery monitor, a 100/30 and a 100/20 Smart MPPT controllers all added to the same VE Network and a GlobalLink 520 to monitor remotely. I am trying to configure my Multiplus to shutdown the inverter based on SOC but don’t understand where it is getting the SOC value. The only option I see is to adjust is the SOC when bulk charge is finished on the MP configuration?

May be an image of text that says '90% General System frequency 50Hz AC1 input current imit 50.0A Current limit overruled by remote Dynamic current limit Prevents AC voltage drop in the event of a sudden load increase. More... Enable battery monitor Battery capacity State of charge when bulk finished Charge efficiency 85.0% 1.00'

This is fine for when I am charging through the Multiplus using shore power however, what I need to know is how does the SOC for the Multiplus adjust when you are using solar (MPPTs) to charge batteries. Even though the MP, smart shunt, and charge controllers are networked I don't think they share SOC information.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1682510481705.png (147.5 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jdawson avatar image jdawson commented ·
Update. I checked the system today and the inverter shutdown and reads an SOC of 30%. It was a good solar production day and my charge controllers and Shunt both read 100% SOC. Does the SOC reading from the inverter on read the charging when it comes from the Multi-plus??

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw jdawson commented ·

You can specify the battery monitor to use. Is the battery monitor enabled in the inverter settings?

1682580805604.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1682580805604.png (119.2 KiB)
jdawson avatar image jdawson ejrossouw commented ·
Where can I access this setting. I am not running a Cerbo or other GX device, Only a GlobalLink 520 to monitor VRM.
1 Like 1 ·
1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

The SOC monitor in the Multiplus does not know about the charge current from the MPPT and only counts charging from the Multiplus itself. The screenshot above showing how to choose the battery monitor is from a Cerbo GX or other device running Venus OS. You do not mention a Cerbo or equivalent but list a Bluetooth connection. I do not know if you can pass the BMV SOC to the Multiplus over Bluetooth network. You may have to rely on setting a low voltage disconnect.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.