question

pekkaj avatar image
pekkaj asked

What device options to program Multiplus II

Is MK3 to USB adapter the only option for programming Multiplus II 12/3000? Or is it possible with some GX device also?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

It can be programmed with a gx device connected to the internet via VRM and remote veconfig. All settings with the exception of assistants and grid codes can also be accessed with the mk3 adapter and an otg adapter via victron connect on a mobile device.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pekkaj avatar image pekkaj commented ·

How do you connect gx device to internet? Does it require a sim?

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas pekkaj commented ·
Ethernet cable or wifi
1 Like 1 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@pekkaj @derrick thomas Sometimes Google is useful.

2 |3000

pekkaj avatar image
pekkaj answered ·

I don't have a gx device (or USB device) yet and trying to find out weather i need it or not. Too many options...

4 comments
2 |3000

pyrorider avatar image pyrorider commented ·

What setup do you plan to use that you have no GX device at all?

0 Likes 0 ·
pekkaj avatar image pekkaj pyrorider commented ·

200Ah 12V Lifepo4 battery, Multiplus II, and MPPT 150/70. Trying to keep it easy and minimal, and as cheap as possible. But i'm only building the system now.

0 Likes 0 ·
pyrorider avatar image pyrorider pekkaj commented ·
Completly offgrid?
0 Likes 0 ·
pekkaj avatar image pekkaj pyrorider commented ·

Yes. I'll build even a wheeled box for it so it's somewhat portable. So also cutting all the size and weight possible.

I still need a shunt for battery monitoring and I have heard that MPPT could benefit from some gx device for optimizing the operation with battery. Other than optimized operation, I'll only need small onboard display for battery status. All the other fancy monitoring and settings stuff I would like to do on windows laptop and android phone.

0 Likes 0 ·
pekkaj avatar image
pekkaj answered ·

I never read the manual ;) But it says that you need MK3 to USB adapter for multiplus setup, so that's that I guess.

3 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Check the manual. There are settings made with the dip switches on the multi. These may be enough.
0 Likes 0 ·
pekkaj avatar image pekkaj kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

i don't think there are dips in Multiplus II.

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas pekkaj commented ·
No there is not
0 Likes 0 ·