question

ncr1 avatar image
ncr1 asked

AGM settings

Hello,

A simple question. I have a just bought a 75/15 smartsolar mppt. I am getting a 160w panel fitted my camper and have bought a 120ah AGM battery. The details from the battery supplier state that float charge is 13.80 volts, Bulk charge (absorption) is 14.40 - 14.70 volts. User choice, mainly 14.70 volts is prefered. I can increase the bulk to 14.70 if needed. Which battery preset should I choose? Is the default Gel Victron Deep Discharge(2) OK to use?

Also, there is no load attached to the controller terminals. Should I disable the load settings on the app?

Any other settings I should change for this battery set up?

Thank you for any advice

screenshot-20230422-095520.jpg

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @NCR1

The Gel(2) setting is ok, so would be the Gel(1), a little less aggressive.

Often battery makers will give you a range to work with, but they rarely say why. Nor indicate where Temperature Compensation fits in, as most of their users wouldn't have that option available. Without a networked T reading you don't have it continuously either, but that's something you could keep an eye on.

Aggression is for soldiers and race car drivers. Not battery charging.

Don't worry about the Load settings if you're not using the Load terminals.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ncr1 avatar image
ncr1 answered ·

Hi @JohnC

Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated. I will switch it to the Gel(1) setting. I'll keep an eye on it and switch load off.

Have a good day

2 |3000