question

motorhomer avatar image
motorhomer asked

Victron multiplus-II low voltage shut down

Just got my multiplus running but I am getting low battery shut down for some reason.

Whe solar MPPT is switched off the inverter runs all ok. I have pulled 50 amps for a few min with no issues.

With the MPPT switched on as soon as I put any load over 10 amps the inverter shuts down with low voltage warning.

So I am assuming this is an MPPT issue. See attached MPPT setting. I am wondering is this is an overvoltage from the MPPT as some times it shuts down the battery BMSscreenshot-20230420-150314-comvictronenergyvictron.jpg

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

What battery? What are the voltage settings in the inverter? (Inverter tab on veconfigure)

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

motorhomer avatar image motorhomer commented ·

Batteries are roamer 24v 240aH connected in series, they are fully charged and balanced.

I have just set the victron MPPT absorbtion and float voltage down to 48v and so far the inverter has been running all ok even running my mitra saw. Previous it would shut down as soon as I operated the mitra saw so I am assuming this is an overvoltage coming from the MPPT. Only issue at 48v setting I am not charging now.

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas motorhomer commented ·

Mppt needs to be set according to the battery manufacturer specs. If you do that and you still get low voltage disconnects then there is probably an imbalance between the series connected batteries. At what voltage is it erroring? Do you have a balancer installed between the batteries? Did you fully charge and balance the batteries in parallel before installing into the system?

0 Likes 0 ·
motorhomer avatar image motorhomer derrick thomas commented ·

I did fully charge then in series then parallel, I will recharge them again tomorrow and check with roamer the charge settings. It seems strange it only does the shut down with MPPT switched on

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The charge settings of the MPPT have nothing to do with the low voltage alarm/shut-down of the MultiPlus.

What are the settings of the MultiPlus?

2 comments
2 |3000

I have no VE connect so have no way to see the setting on the inverter as I believe there are no bluethooth installed
0 Likes 0 ·
If the MPPT does not have anything to do with inverter shut down. why is it the inverter runs all OK with out the MPPT charging. It only shuts down when MPPT is switched on to charge. I do not think its low voltage possibly over voltage. I will have a chat with Roamer about the battery see if the BMS has an overvoltage shutdown
0 Likes 0 ·