question

motorhomer avatar image
motorhomer asked

Multipluss fuse blown on start up

I was doing my first startuo on my multipluss 5KVA inverter and on initial startup it blue my main fuse. I fought the inverter would have a soft startup but now I think not.

So I am trying again and doing a charge via a 1M ohm resistor (all I have). but strange thing is happening with voltages which is worrying me a little.

I have two 24v batteries connected in series. With no load teh busbar is showing 50V. When I connect the from busbar to inverter the bus bar voltage drops to near 0v and very slowly increases over a long time as the resistor is very high, but there is no heavy current so I would not think the battery voltage should drop off like this.

each battery when tested is showing the 24V but overall in series near 0v increasing

Is this normal. When the voltage is high enough will it connect ok or is this an inverter issue

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
motorhomer avatar image
motorhomer answered ·

Another thing just happened, the voltage got to 16v and stayed there for a while ( was increasing very slowly ) then it jumped to 50V so caps must be charged now, strange how they charged like this

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

motorhomer avatar image
motorhomer answered ·

something definatly not write, when I connect the batteries without the reistor now the voltage starts to drop off, when down below 25v so something is draining voltage

2 |3000

motorhomer avatar image
motorhomer answered ·

All sorted it was BMS discharge switched off

2 |3000