question

jameswest avatar image
jameswest asked

Permissions on SQLite files

I'm trying to use the sqlite node and I have a database file stored on an SD card plugged in to the Cerbo GX.

I'm using the /run/media/mmcblk0p1 mount point to access the SD card. The sqlite node is saying that the file is read only. Permissions on the file are:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8192 Apr 19 21:34 octopus_energy.sqlite3

When SSH as root and using chmod 777 on the file, the permissions don't change. Does anyone know how I can make the file writable for the sqlite node?

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jameswest avatar image
jameswest answered ·

Update on this... the permissions on the database can be changed but something on the cerbo gx is resetting the permissions to read only. Does this mean the SD card can't be used? Or does a different mount point need to be used?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jpetzrick avatar image
jpetzrick answered ·

I think you are having a similar issue to the one I'm having trying to write to a file on a USB memory stick. I'm not getting any answers to my "File Permission" question either. Following your question.

2 |3000