question

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 asked

EV Charging station grid limit and ESS

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to add EV Charger (ns version) to my system. Currently have multiplus ii with ESS wired on ACIN (grid parallel). I would be installing the EV charger also on ACIN side (parallel to grid).

My first question is does the EV charger have a setting to limit draw from the grid? ie say batteries are 0, EV charger is on but I also have large loads running in the house?

I know other EV chargers have a CT clamp on incoming supply to prevent overdrawing from Grid and blowing house fuse? I can see in the manuals it has a max draw setting but does it have another setting that monitors via venus os/ET112 what it's from the grid ie so fuse wont blow.

Does EV charger have feature for this given meters/ct clamps are already on incoming grid supply for ESS setup?

Also is there a feature just for EV Charging to be from the grid? ie My normal house loads i want running on the battery but if EV charging below SoC of say x % i want it to draw from the grid.
Or do i need to get creative with Grid setpoint and node red to implement something like that?

ie grid set point = ev charger load

ESSNode-REDev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, no, all these features are not yet added, but you can easily configure like that with node red. We already have EVCS nodes, meter nodes etc.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
Thanks,

If possible would love to see them as native features one day.

Only down side of Node Red is I'd have to get creative to remotely easily turn those features on and off but should be doable.

Thanks for explaining!

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ matt1309 commented ·
Yes, It is on our to-do list
1 Like 1 ·