question

saboken avatar image
saboken asked

Something is wrong with my multi plus II

I had a multi plus II 12v 2x 120 installed about 6 months ago in Quartzite AZ, a lot of mistakes made during the installation, after towing the camper from Arizona to Michigan it seems to be working as usual until yesterday ? We have a really cloudy day so I had to run the generator for a few hours just like I did in Quartzite for months, when I shut the generator off my wife yelled saying everything went off inside the camper?? That was unexpected, so I went to the inverter it was screening like I never heard it before!!! The lights were all off in it! I hit the switch to shut it off, whhr I turned it back on nothing happened except for the same really loud noises no lights came on? I knew the batteries were charged I have 2 Battle Born Game changers, the Cerbo GX and other hardware wet running fine, I waited a few minutes and tried again, the inverter came back to Life??? I don't know if it's damaged from the towing? I noticed only the top of the multi plus was secured to rte camper I was able to pull the bottom away from the wall!? I'm going to remove the cover today to look inside. Are these inverters supposed to be secured at 4 corners or just along the top? After all the bad work the Victron authorized installer did I found this in not surprising if they didn't finish securing it. I'm now concerned about warranty, the battery manufacturer is who referred me to this place and I'm going to call them Monday to ask no what if this unit is damaged due to it bouncing around who's going to replace it? I'm not sure yet until I pull the cover to see if screws came out or were never installed? I really need this to work I am staying at a family ranch with no power available. When. I left yesterday I shut everything down and switched back to the factory inverter that was installed In the camper that originally ran the residential refrigerator , It was still connected to the batteries just turned off. I didn't trust the Victron inverter after the noise it was making and leaving my wifes cat in the camper while we ran to the store. Also the Multi plus didn't sound normal when I was able to turn it on again, no alarm's on the Cerbo GX were recorded either? Help what to I do next? Even if it was still in Quartzite I would not return to the dealership I had the work done at!!!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

suggest you find another dealer to have a look and check things over for you

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

What was running when you shut down the generator? Any ac units? It is possible that it shut down due to overload if the ac was running or the fridge compressor when you shut down the generator. The compressor will go to locked rotor if the switch over is not fast enough.

Just a wild guess, but did you have it installed at Solar Bills? I'd stay away from that place.

2 comments
2 |3000

saboken avatar image saboken commented ·

derrick thomas

Yes it was Solar Bills nothing high draw was running, we just parked on my sister's ranch in Michigan I started the generator to top off the batteries after a couple hours I shut it down to fill the generator with more gas and everything went off, but the inverter sounded like it was still running full fan no LEDs? The only thing that could have been running was the residential refrigerator. It hasn't happened again since?? I did the same thing for months in Quartzite, I'm hoping it wasn't damaged during the tow across the country? The inverter was only mounted on a hidden hanger so I'm able to pull it away from the wall at the bottom about 2" with ease. The fridge is an Inverter type the compressor never shuts off just changes speed based on demand.

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas saboken commented ·
I am an RV tech been in Quartzsite 15 seasons now and I have seen solar bills mess up even the simplest of jobs. Totally incompetent. I feel for ya, I really do.
0 Likes 0 ·