question

buddhafragt avatar image
buddhafragt asked

venus raspberry modules load at startup

Hello, can someone tell me how to load modules at startup?

I found this:

We do not want to load i2c-dev manually everytime the Raspberry has booted, so we write the module name in /etc/modules

but the folder modules dont exist.....

Raspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
johnny-brusevold avatar image
johnny-brusevold answered ·

@buddhafragt

/etc/modules is a file

create the modules file and put i2c-dev on a line

root@raspberrypi4:~# touch /etc/modules
root@raspberrypi4:~# echo i2c-dev > /etc/modules
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

buddhafragt avatar image
buddhafragt answered ·

Wow, thank you.... ! ;-)

Maybe you know also, how to install the ADS1115 driver? I dont got it working, I found only APT installer manuals!

1 comment
2 |3000

johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold commented ·

@buddhafragt I don't think the driver is included in venus-os, so you need to install gcc with accessories and git on your raspberry pi, git clone the driver for your device, compile the module and install it.

EDIT

It's probably half a year since I set this up on my pi with i2c devices, and it has worked flawlessly, so have forgotten a lot.

If I remember correctly, you don't need to install the driver, but talk directly to the devices via the i2c bus using, for example, python or a C program, but I mean to remember that they also had to be compiled. You can also communicate directly using smbus.

Surely someone here knows more about this than me.

0 Likes 0 ·