question

ettienne avatar image
ettienne asked

Multiplus II Ve config charge setting

I need help with the Ve config setting on my MP II 48/3000. What is the correct setup to ensure that charging is optimal especially when the battery only drain less than 85%. I found that with my setup shown below the charge goes in float mode if the battery is drained only a small %.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Ettienne. That screen is really just for you to 'tune' the internal batt monitor to show what you want to see. It doesn't control charging at all.

For that, select the 'Charger' tab and set what you want there. I did go back to see your other question, but for completeness here, perhaps post the current one of those up and describe your batteries.

You want your charging set up right first, the monitoring is for later.. But if you happen to have a VRM graph of your batt V's & A's, that will help too..

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ettienne avatar image ettienne commented ·

Thank you John. Please see charge settings

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Yeh, a picture is indeed worth that thousand words. VRM is a wonderful thing.

You have quite modest load needs (not daily cycling, unless you have DC loads too), and hence modest charge needs. It's a little difficult to see on a 7 day graph, but the current is tapering quite sharply under Absorb/Float and indicates pretty much 100% SOC. Batt V is holding stable in storage and all appears well. The gels a good choice for you too.

Frankly, I couldn't suggest any settings better than what you have now. Others may, and that's ok, but they'd do me. You have a 'gentle' algorithm set, and it seems to be doing what it's supposed to.

If you want SOC readings, go back to the monitoring/general screen and fool with the settings there til you can find a combo that shows close to 100% after your charge doses, and is reproducible, with minimal drift away from the truth (you decide how true it is). You can play with those all you like, it won't affect your charging whatsoever. Bear in mind it's not a BMV with all the bells'n'whistles, 'but best-effort'. If useful to you, go for it.

Congratulations for being a true battery 'carer' too. :)

1 comment
2 |3000

ettienne avatar image ettienne commented ·

Thank you John for the message. I appreciate it.

0 Likes 0 ·