question

apljak avatar image
apljak asked

BMV712 software update failed - device unresponsive

So I tried updating the firmware on my BMV712 using Bluetooth. It proceeded well at first, until about 5%. Then jumped to 10%, back to 4% and finally the app reported lost connection.

I am now left with a BMV that displays 'bt200' and will not change. I can no longer establish communication with the BMV and so it looks like I am without a battery monitor for the time being.

Android phone, Victron Connect v5.83 app, BMV712

Any help would be MOST appreciated!

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @APLJaK

What happens when you try to connect to the BMV712 in VictronConnect? Or is it not visible?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
apljak avatar image
apljak answered ·

Hi Thiemo

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry, I should have followed up on this issue. I did manage to restore my BMV but honestly, I'm not positive which step did it. When I first encountered the issue, the BMV was no longer visible to me from the Victron App on my phone, but my Bluetooth would see it, until I tried to connect. At this point, it would fail and disappear from my list of available devices.

These are the steps that I remember taking before recovery was successful:

Removed all references to the BMV from my bluetooth list on my phone.

Restarted the Victron Energy App

Updated the Victron App

Went to device list and now it actually showed my BMV but I still could not connect

Reset the PUK number from my device in the App

Restarted the BMV update and this time it actually connected!

BMV updated and came back to life.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @APLJaK

No problems. Good to hear that you got it working. And these steps are actually more or less the steps that one needs to take and that are listed in the troubleshooting guide online https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_Troubleshooting.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Not sure if there's another option, except contact your dealer

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@APLJaK

I concur, if a power cycle did not help, it is likely beyond normal troubleshooting steps.

The only other thing to try is use a ve direct to usb cable and victron connect on a laptop for a direct connection to firmware update and check settings.

If there is no joy then it is time to send it in.

0 Likes 0 ·