question

denzel avatar image
denzel asked

Overload L1: Warning (Feeding back to Grid)

Hi,

What will cause an L1 Overload warning feeding back to grid?

Today was a good solar production day and at times i feed almost 4kw to the grid and during those spikes i got an L1 Overload warning. There was no high temperature or interruption in service during this time. As soon as I increased the AC loads the warning cleared.

My Setup:

3 * Multiplus 3000/24 in parallel

4 * 250/100 charge controllers in VE network

6 * Victron 220ah gel Agm

1681215624154.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerwarnings
1681215624154.png (76.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Try and measure the current on each units ac1 in and see if any one of them is doing to much work, if it is then look at the ac cable sizes and lengths as they all should be the same length.

you will need to do this via a clamp meter as the reports only show a consolidated figure and there is no way to see each units work load as in effect they are being seen as one big 9000 va unit

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

denzel avatar image denzel commented ·
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply , I can confirm all cable lengths including all due diligence and best practice in regard to parallel installations are applied. I have clamped the hot wires to check for major discrepancies which were not present at the time however i will have to wait for similar situation and clamp it then.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw denzel commented ·
How much solar do you have? Is it oversized in relation to the 7200W of the multi's?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic