question

Scott avatar image
Scott asked

Multiplus II shuts down or disconnnects AC line in

I have an issue that I am hoping you can help with on a Multiplus II that I recently installed in my RV. Yesterday I tried the system running the generator for the first time. Warmer weather finally blessed Sacramento so I was looking forward to training the Micro-Air Easy Start.

Here is my issue... I had the inverter set to Charger Only and as soon as I turned on an air conditioner the Multiplus shut off completely and then cycled back on about a minute later allowing the AC line in to work as it should. I tried several times and each time it was the same result. Next I tried it with the Multiplus set to inverter and again it shut off the AC line in from the generator like before but continued to give power via inverting with the batteries. After about a minute it resumed the AC from the generator.

Is there a setting I need to change or is this a defect that needs to be addressed?

Multiplus-II
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

If you want to charge and run loads at the same time you have to set the MultiPlus to ON not Charger-only.

I guess you have to adjust some settings.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

1 Like 1 ·
Scott avatar image Scott Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The Multiplus itself is set to on, I am using the Cerbo display to change between charge and inverter if that makes sense. The FAQ you linked is extremely helpful to look at the settings, thank you for that.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Scott commented ·
Cerbo acts as a remote control and overrides the switch on the multi.

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott avatar image Scott kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I do know that and in Charger mode it should pass through all power delivered by the line in from the AC if it is operating properly.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Operate with the inverter 'on' and enable 'dynamic current limiter' in the multi configuration.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

In charger only mode, mains should be switched through:

When the switch is switched to ‘charger only’, only the battery charger of the Multi will operate (if mains voltage is present). In this mode input voltage also is switched through to the ‘AC out’ terminal.

That you are running off generator, the main issue is likely the compressor startup surge is overwhelming the generator, which in turn is dropped by the multi, which in turn drops loads.

The system will automatically try resync which is why it restarts in a minute or so.

With the inverter disabled it can't powerassist, which is why it works with the inverter enabled.

This is a generator issue, nothing to do with the MP2.

2 |3000