question

stepir avatar image
stepir asked

MPTT state off

Hi

I have a SmartSolar that remain in off state forever:

The remote switch is short circuited and everything seems to be properly working except that battery state remain off. The battery is 90% charged and I have AC turned on so there is a significant load going on (700W).

What is weird is that historical data shows there have been some production although as far as i can tell the solar charger (which is turned on in the SmartSolar settings) always remained off:

What I can do to further diagnose the issue???

Thanks

Stefano

MPPT Controllers
img-0061.png (354.2 KiB)
img-0063.png (429.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

current picture shows for starters you have no solar voltage so the panels are not outputting

I supsect that the battery is being charged by something else and the voltage on that charger is set higher than the voltage on the smart solar unit

or

remove the VE direct cable if connected, and see if the issue is resolved.

if it is then reconnect and look further at your settings , as I dont know what other things you have connected , more information is needed to help further

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stepir avatar image
stepir answered ·

Went back on my roof and tested panels and cabling to find out a MC4 got damaged...

Thanks!!!!

2 |3000