question

hue avatar image
hue asked

Orion -tr 12 12-18 manual

Hi I need to know how to set the charge voltages on my none bluetooth enabled Orion -tr 12 12-18 this may just be pointing me in the direction of the manual

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Hue

The non-smart model has only one flat output V setting. A manual adjustment to a potentiometer through a small hole in the lower rhs of the unit. You'll need a tiny flat screwdriver and a multimeter to set it before you hook it up on the load side.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The normal non-smart Orion are NOT designed as battery chargers. They are just DC to DC converters with a constant voltage output.

2 |3000

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Not true, because the Manual and the Datasheet say clearly, the ADJUSTABLE Orion-Tr can be used as charger.

I have the 24/24-12 (non-smart) bought, befire the DC/DC Charger existed, hence I use my one since 5 years now, but it is VERY hard, to use 3 of them in parallel and get on each of them the same Voltage with the small Trimmer in the Orion-Tr

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
The older dumb Orions did actually have something like ,can be used as a charger'. But the meaning was as a fixed voltage supply, so the user would be expected to disconnect after charging or set a float voltage.

I guess most didn't so Victron reworded.

0 Likes 0 ·