question

marceldb avatar image
marceldb asked

ESS with M+ 2 in passthru after disconnecting BMS

I connected a JK BMS to the Cerbo GX, which took over control over the GX, despite the battery monitor is the SmartShunt. When I disconnected the BMS, the ESS warned about low battery VE.Bus 276, despite the battery was at 80% (measured by SmartShunt). The ESS went into Passthru.

Only after connecting the BMS again to the Cerbo, the ESS went back to live and started charging the batteries.

Before I connected the BMS for the first time, everything worked well without BMS.

I don't want that the BMS controls the ESS as the Smartshunt is measuring the entire system, and the BMS just one of the 3 battery packs.

What can I do to avoid that ESS goes into Passthru after disconnecting the BMS? And if it goes into Passthru, how can I solve this without reconnecting the BMS?

My configuration: 1680961888466.png

3x16 280Ah batterypacks.

3x Multiplus II 5000 48 in 3 phase configuration

No solar system connected.

Multiplus-IIESSBMS
1680961888466.png (86.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Then why have you connected the BMS? If you are monitoring via a shunt and have multiple BMS instances, it should be left disconnected.

Restarting the cerbo should remove any reference of the bms.

In DVCC have you set controlling BMS to “no bms”?

Edit: latter is in RC code, might be worth trying v3 which supports multiple BMS’s.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marceldb avatar image marceldb commented ·

Because I want to see the BMS data in GX. The BMS can only be accessed by bluetooth, so only when I am nearby the BMS.

You said, in DVCC, don't you mean in System Setup? There I have chosen the SmartShunt. I want to have the charging controller, but by the Smartshunt, not the BMS.

Sorry, I don't get this: "latter is in RC code, might be worth trying v3 which supports multiple BMS’s."

What do you mean?

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

On the gx device list scroll down to the inverter, then select advanced and reset the Vebus. If you have any connected mppt they will most likely need reset in device menu as well.

1 comment
2 |3000

marceldb avatar image marceldb commented ·
I haven't seen this in the GX device, thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·