question

mcmatthias avatar image
mcmatthias asked

Only getting one full charge

Hello I've an MPPT 100/30 and it only charging my battery onices then just saying it full? I needed to unplug the slower MPPT and then replug it for it to charge onice more any helps would be amazing peace ✌️

smart solar charging behaviour
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

The slower mppt? So you have more than one. Maybe your battery does not need the charge.

Does the battery voltage drop?

Usually a battery will be charged, then drop to float. A new charge cycle only begins after it drops below float past the rebulk value.

If it does not then it will not charge again.

To customize the rebulk see these instructions.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mcmatthias avatar image mcmatthias commented ·
Thanks for your reply been looking at setting still no luck my battery is totally flat now with no power at all gonna have another look tomorrow when sun is out
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ mcmatthias commented ·
Please post screen shots of both the MPPT battery settings and tell use exactly which batteries you have. Screen shots of the initial Victron connect page for both MPPTs also.
1 Like 1 ·
mcmatthias avatar image mcmatthias kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Hi I have two L35-110 Avon leisure battery that are linked together as one. Here is screen shot of what the MPPT it is showing full battery when it's flat

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ mcmatthias commented ·

At13.8V, the battery isn't flat, it's full.

Please post the other screen shots as requested.

Why do you say the battery is flat?

1 Like 1 ·
mcmatthias avatar image mcmatthias kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry forgot to take screenshot of battery page will take one tomorrow when sun is out it is say 13v but it's giving out wrong reading I know the battery are flat because I have checked them with a multimeter

0 Likes 0 ·
mcmatthias avatar image
mcmatthias answered ·

Here are the screen shots of my battery settings thanks for all your help guys this my first time doing anything solar solar so totally new to this 00234879-d788-4758-a55b-0dac6332c316.pngc61977bf-8ef8-486f-b4f8-2cd4b1144161.png

2 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

@MCMatthias given your mppt reads 13.8v, and your battery reads 12v, there seems to be a disconnection between the mppt and battery.

Please check your fuse / breaker and cabling between the mppt and battery.

2 Likes 2 ·
mcmatthias avatar image mcmatthias klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Just checked my fuse and unplug all the cable and plug them back in its now on bulk charge just hope it fixed thanks for all your help
0 Likes 0 ·
mcmatthias avatar image
mcmatthias answered ·

Still had same issue only one charge gonna unplug everything else so it's just solar and battery to see if some is interfering with the reading

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic