question

jasonshanahan avatar image
jasonshanahan asked

Lost power momentarily when i pulled the shore power

So tonight this happened for the first time, and i am not sure the cause, or what to do next. I have a 3000w multiplus II 800ah of renogy lifepo4 batteries. I was charging via 30 amp shore power connection because of the cloudy past few days so my 2080 watts of solar werent keeping up. All was good until i unplugged the shore power cable. As soon as the plug came out, the entire system blacked out, momentarily. Everything rebooted, but it shut down the lights, tv, internet, everything. The blackout lasted about half a second and then everything started coming back on on its own. No alarms or error codes came up on the cerbo touch 50, and its all working as normal now. Any thoughts on what could have caused this?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It will be because the system needed time to switch. Try turning the system onto inverter only before pulling the plug. (From the switches in the VRM dashboard)

Another thing which may help is to turn on UPS in the Multiplus settings.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

iand avatar image iand commented ·

I thought that almost-instantaneous (20ms) inverter power when incoming mains drops out is one of the main features of the Multiplus, and enabled by default?

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas iand commented ·
Make sure that UPS (uninterrupted power supply - this is what you are referring to) is enable in configuration.
0 Likes 0 ·
jasonshanahan avatar image jasonshanahan derrick thomas commented ·
Where is this setting located? I hace the touch 50 interface
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas jasonshanahan commented ·
You can connect remotely thru vrm, download the veconfig file and open it on your computer...or you need an mk3 adapter and connect directly to the multi using ve.config. you cannot access this setting thru the gx device.
1 Like 1 ·