question

jpetzrick avatar image
jpetzrick asked

Where are node red flows stored?

Rpi 4 with 8 gig and Venus OS 2.92. My card got corrupted after a storm passed through overnight. Can not boot from that card anymore. Luckily I had a backup that does boot but was not up to date on my nodes/flows. Can I copy node-red files from one card to another to get them back? Where do I look to find them? What files are needed?

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
gainestr avatar image
gainestr answered ·

You should be able to retrieve all of your nodes from the following file:

/data/home/nodered/.node-red/flows.json

You can simply import that file into your running node red editor using the import function. You will have to re-install any of the custom nodes dependencies that you may have installed that are not part of the default installation. You should be able to retrieve a list of those dependencies from the package.json file in the same directory as above. In the future, you will want to always make a backup of the flows.json file but it can easily be exported using the same menu feature.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.