question

shmol avatar image
shmol asked

MPPT 75/15 "Battery high voltage" after connection PV

I've bought few new MPPTs. Connected them identically. One of them shows "Battery high voltage" AFTER connection PV.

I've tried to reset it by disconnection everything, waiting 5 mins, then connecting battery first. As soon as I connect PV it shows the error.

Battery is 26V, PV is 45V. Other MPPT work fine on the same cables.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@shmol it sounds like the mppt's battery voltage has set itself to charge a 12v battery.

Check that the battery voltage in battery settings.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shmol avatar image shmol commented ·
Yes, it sounds so. I know that this MPPT setups itself on the first power on. To reset it I need to disconnect it for few minutes. So I did.

I don't have any battery settings as the only control I have is Cerbo GX connected by VE.Direct.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ shmol commented ·

@shmol To reset it I need to disconnect it for few minutes. That wont reset the battery voltage.

If your GX is on VRM, you can use Victron Connect to program your mppt. Connect & Configure Remotely in the Latest VictronConnect Update

Works well for VE Direct devices connected to a GX, even devices without bluetooth.

1 Like 1 ·
shmol avatar image shmol klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
It worked! Thank you very much!
0 Likes 0 ·