question

thtruck avatar image
thtruck asked

Mppt's and Orions off but still drawing/leaking current?

With busbar, where all the loads are connected to, disconnected, the bmv712 shows no wattage or amps flowing. I kalibrated the bmv. But when i connect the busbar again, with all the devices off, also the solarinput off, the BMV712 says there is a flow of 5 (-5) watts.

The shunt is connected with the 2 small red wires from the main and aux both AGM batteries (gets negative from the busbar and mainbattery). Could it be that through these red wires current is flowing between these batteries?

I have 2 mppts (100/30,100/50 smart), a Orion 24/24/17, Orion 24/12/30, Cerbo GX and a balancer connected. Because of lower voltage due to no solarinput the balancer is off.

There is also a Mulitplus connected on the loadside of the shunt but the mp is also off.

Could it be that with all the devices connected but off together they still generate that 5 watt draw?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Maybe run the zero current calibration on the 712

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thtruck avatar image thtruck commented ·
Before i connected the busbar the bmv didn't show any watt flowing. Then i did the calibration. After i connected the busbar there was 5 watt flowing.
0 Likes 0 ·