question

eyacht avatar image
eyacht asked

Error 25 - incompatible firmware

Hi all. I recently updated my 220V/5KW Quattros to firmware v504 and my 150/45-TR MPPTs to v1.61. I'm having an issue where the CCGX doesn't recognise the MPPTs at all but then suddenly does and they come into the display. Based on this I suspect a comms issue, which I'm investigating. In addition, several times a day I get an Error 25 - incompatible firmware fault. Is there actually any incompatibility or is this likely connected to the possible comms issue?

UPDATE/EDIT: closing this question since it has morphed into a "why is my display not reading the swu file" type question so I'll raise a new one.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerMPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

What version is the ccgx?

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eyacht avatar image eyacht commented ·
@nickdb - it's v2.54.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ eyacht commented ·
Yip, too old. Please update to the current release 2.93.
0 Likes 0 ·
eyacht avatar image eyacht nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

hmmmm ... it's build date is 2020 ... and I have the exact same set up on the other side (catamaran) that's running with no issues. You would think that if Victron was going to release firmware that interacts with other components it would be back-tested OR they'd specify the oldest firmware the new one will work with. Do you know if there is a Victron resource that specifies the firmware versions that will run with other firmware versions?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ eyacht commented ·

It is easy to rollback versions via the backup image. Try update and see if the issue resolves. There has been a lot of change since 2020.

If you decide to update some devices it is advised to do all due to dependencies.

1 Like 1 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ eyacht commented ·
Why you don't just update the CCGX too?

If you start updating you always should update all components of the system.

1 Like 1 ·
eyacht avatar image eyacht eyacht commented ·

Thanks both ... ok - will update the display as well ... good point about updating one so update all ... also, yes, I'm sure a LOT has been changed since 2020.

0 Likes 0 ·
eyacht avatar image
eyacht answered ·

New problem: the CCGX doesn't recognise the swu file on the USB drive. It is not connected to the internet so can't do an online update so that means I basically cannot update the firmware. Tried 2 different USBs and both read fine on my laptop. Anyone had this before?

3 comments
2 |3000

eyacht avatar image eyacht commented ·
Two other things I noticed ... 1. the warning when you insert the USB about not being used for backlogging does not appear, and 2. the extra option to eject the USB does not appear in the menu.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Is the USB stick formatted as FAT32?
0 Likes 0 ·
eyacht avatar image eyacht Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
@Matthias Lange - DE Yes - FAT32 format.
0 Likes 0 ·