question

quantumquest avatar image
quantumquest asked

Where can I find G-ST18i connectors?

The MultiPlus Inverter/Chargers from 500VA to 1600VA use "G-ST18i" connectors for AC connection, but I can't find this connector anywhere. I found some "GST18" but they are still quite difficult to find and I'm not sure they are the same connector.

Where can I find "G-ST18i" connectors in Europe? And why did Victron choose this rare connector?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@QuantumQuest My inverter / charger came with a matching pair of GST18 plugs, maybe yours will too.

I bought an GST18 extension cable from RS Online because I couldn't be bothered sourcing 2m of 16a mains cable.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

As far as I could find, the difference between a GST18 and GST18i connector is de maximum current they can handle. GST18 is 16A/230VAC max and GST18i is 20A/230VAC max. For the rest they are identical.

The GST18 connector is quite common to use in the EU, and I think even outside the EU. And they are not hard to find. For example you can find them at webshops like RS-Online, Amazon, and Conrad. Just be aware that there is a Female (power) and Male (load) version, when you order.

2 |3000

quantumquest avatar image
quantumquest answered ·

> My inverter / charger came with a matching pair of GST18 plugs, maybe yours will too.

I asked a vendor and they confirmed Victron provides GST18 plugs with these MultiPlus. That should be good enough.

2 |3000

theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

The Multiplus inverters with GST18 In/Out indeed come with a male and female GST18 connector.

I actually thought you wanted to have some extra connectors. Anyway, have fun with your Multiplus.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic