question

david-1 avatar image
david-1 asked

Mppt not supplying loads , only charging battery

I have 2 x 250/85 MPPT , 1 x multiplus 2 and 4 x CFE 5100 batteries.

My question is such: Why do the panels not supply the loads inside the house once the batteries are full?

Unfortunately I had to disable the battery comms and remove ESS as the battery firmware doesn't seem to be communicating with the Cerbo GX and prevents any charge/discharge and I am awaiting the manufacturers assistance. Until then , will the panels only charge battery and supply the load when no Grid is present (worked as such yesterday)?

My

MPPT Controllers
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
part of question relating to set up seems to be missing??
0 Likes 0 ·
david-1 avatar image david-1 Mike Dorsett commented ·
Please advise what else needs to be in there? I though I got everything
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

MPPT is a charger, so it does what is constructed to do.

Load supplying is a function of Multiplus-II.

Look for setup problems with Multiplus-II.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

It is working the way it is designed. The only way to prioritize solar over grid usage is with ESS or Hub assistants.

2 |3000

tanksnipe avatar image
tanksnipe answered ·

Good day,

We have seen a similar issue today with our setup for our office. Our CFE-5100s bank (6x parallel) was sitting at 91% SOC and our MPPT's were not charging or pushing into load as the BMS told it not to. Our system is max 3 months old and only recently connected the batteries via CAN-Bus to the GX. Latest firmware for the GX is required and latest connection setup as CFEnergy (CFE Inverter communication settings) specifies to pickup the batteries correctly.

To get around this we have enabled DC-Coupled PV Feed-in on our Cerbo GX. We also enabled limit feed to 0W under these setting to not push excess to grid.

Note: Load is prioritized in this mode and excess is sent to battery for charging according to the Victron sites. It did seem that the MPPT's stayed within the CVL (53.0V) of the BMS, but we will be monitoring further.

2 |3000