question

b808 avatar image
b808 asked

reverse polarity battery connection - bluesolar 150/60

hi,

i have accidentally connected the battery in reverse polarity (i know, dont ask how..shakes head).

the controller still partly works, but is only allowing about 6w in from the panels.

i can read the app when the sun is out, but at night the app wont load, the bulk light still comes on too when the sun is on.

im assuming the non-replaceable fuse is blown.

is it really non replaceble?

whats the cheapest way to get this fixed?

thanks

B808

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Sorry to say reverse battery polarity is more than a fuse.

The fuse is to prevent further catastrophic damage (Eg Fire) not protect the device.

Replacing the fuse would not fix the problems now inside that MPPT.

There is no repair for reverse polarity battery on an MPPT, please speak to your dealer and try to find a solution that is fair to both parties.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

theowlman avatar image
theowlman answered ·

I have also done the same thing unfortunately. Some of the lights on the MPPT (Blue Solar 100/50) are functioning but the system has been running 7 days now and the batteries have not charged so I am guessing the MPPT is dead?

2 |3000