question

myvicrocks avatar image
myvicrocks asked

Venus Large image - Clarification

Hi all,

I was watching the three-part Victron youtube video on Node red (for those wondering see below)

1. Part 1
  2. Part 2
  3. Part 3

In Part 1 there was a comment that said the whilst the Venus Large image is available with Node red "then you are unsupported" and in many instances where there is a support call Victron will ask that the image is reverted back to the normal Venus image.

This was in part 1: 4m:13s

noderedlarge.jpg

Just wanted some clarification on the not supported comment. I want to enable node red, just don't want my installer to start off with "this is not supported" every time I have a question.

Thank you

Node-RED
noderedlarge.jpg (47.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

I think (not the official Victron position) is questions about features in the Large image are not supported. So NodeRed and Signal K. Questions about these topic's are answered in the Community.

3 comments
2 |3000

myvicrocks avatar image myvicrocks commented ·
Thanks @Peter Buijs - NL - that approach would make sense I agree. What would be great to get official clarification is if one will still get support on a non Node-Red issue on VRM if it is running the Large Image.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ myvicrocks commented ·

Large image is now an option on the GX devices under firmware settings, if it wasn't supported that wouldn't be the case. As already mentioned, it is node red that doesn't have "official" support, but there is plenty of unofficial support for it as it is extensively used.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
But for any issue that needs support, we’ll first ask to switch back to the normal image. Non large. To make sure there are no flows and also not something else that can cause issues.

nothing gets lost by that, it just gets all disabled.

Or, just disable node-red and signalk in the menu,

2 Likes 2 ·